In this post we discuss how to maintain healthy, pain-free joints. Do you have pain in your fingers, wrists, knees, elbows, or lower back? These
Did you know that brain health is the number one concern of people over 50 years old?
As we age, many body functions decline, including our brain health and cognitive performance.
Cognition includes our ability to think, learn things, and remember information. For some older adults, it can take longer to learn new things due to the fact that our brains are less receptive to new information.
If you have hypertension, type 2 diabetes, or other chronic conditions, you may be at higher risks to develop earlier and faster attention and/or memory decline.
The research is clear that lifestyle plays a big role in brain health and cognitive performance.
Small lifestyle changes can have a big impact on your cognitive health, including:
- Regular exercise and physical fitness
- Staying up to date on regular medical appointments
- Getting enough sleep
- Eating a healthy diet rich in fruits, vegetables, proteins, fatty fish, and plenty of water
- Remaining engaged in social activities, including visiting friends and family, volunteering, or contributing to your community, even in small ways
- Keeping your brain active with stimulating exercises like reading, playing games, crossword puzzles, and conversation
When dietary changes aren’t enough on their own, certain natural health product ingredients have been shown to be effective for cognitive support, including:
- Bacopa monnieri (also known as moneywort or water hyssop)
- Fish oil
- Cod liver oil
- Panax ginseng (also known as Asian ginseng or Korean red ginseng)
- Rhodiola rosea
In this post, we discuss the common concern of brain fog, including what it is and how to prevent it. For some, brain fog might
In this post we discuss what boswellia is and how it helps with joint pain. What is Joint Pain and How Does it Arise? Joints